Blended - Standard 1st aid (partially online)
Who should attend?
- If you currently hold a valid Standard(2 day) or Emergency(1 day) First Aid/ CPR certification, that will be expiring in the near future, you may take day 1, for re-certification.
- If your Standard(2 day) or Emergency(1 day) First Aid/ CPR certification is no longer valid (3 years) you will need to take the the applicable course again: no re-certificates allowed on void certifcates.
HOW IT WORKS-
First Aid Theory is taken on line prior to the scheduled HANDS ON TESTING DATE. Completion certificate for on line portion must be presented at the hands on testing date
For Emergency first aid the hands on testing runs 4 hours
For Standard first aid the hands on testing runs 5 hours
- First aider roles & responsibilities,concerns & fears
- Emergency scene management
- Spinal & head injuries
- Shock, fainting & unconsciousness
- Bleeding & wounds
- Medical emergencies:
Asthma, Diabetes, Seizures, Allergies
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Sudden cardiovascular arrest & CPR
- AED overview
- Review & scenarios- Day 1 content plus ...
- Review & scenarios
- Two-rescuer CPR (adult)
- Child Resuscitations
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Eye injuries
- Environmental illness & injuries
- Review and scenarios
- Final Quiz Details